Apache permissions issue encountered while moving apache /var/www directory to /media/usbstick on the Raspberry Pi with Debian
sudo blkid to find UUID of device
sudo mkdir /media/usbstick
vi /etc/fstab and add line
UUID=3C52-C8C5 /media/usbstick vfat user,umask=000,utf8,flush,noauto 0 0
(Make sure to replace the UUID in the line above above with your devices UUID)
Credit for solution goes to Morbius1 at ubuntuforums.org
Configure a Raspberry Pi as a RDP Server
Configure a Raspberry Pi as a Web Server
Configure a Raspberry Pi as a VPN Appliance
This guide assumes the following.
NOTE: This batch script will close out of Steam and reopen it in Big Picture Mode. If you have a slow computer or you do not have Steam set to log in automatically at launch then this may not be a good solution for you.
Create a batch script and put it somewhere such as “C:\Users\YourNameHere\My Scripts\Steam Big Picture.bat”
The content of this batch script should be as follows.
start /wait taskkill /F /IM steam.exe
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -bigpicture
Create a shortcut at “C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\” and point it to the batch script created earlier.
Edit the properties of the shortcut and change the icon location to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe”
Now go into the Windows 8 menu and type “steam big picture” and it should search for the shortcut that we created. Right click the result and choose “Pint to Start”
You now have a link to open Steam in Big Picture Mode in your Windows 8 Start Menu.
I have successfully upgraded a VSphere environment to 5.1 and everything seems to be working perfectly besides the fact that the console now takes upwards of 15 seconds before it comes into view from black. This is in contrast to the previous vCenter 5.0 server that I had configured with half the memory which took less than a few seconds to come into view from black.
It appears I am not the only one with the issue.
I have subscribed to the discussion mentioned and I will be sure to update this post if I find a solution.
UPDATE: I started another vCenter 5.1 server from scratch and installed all the components manually in the correct order. I was then able to log into the vCenter server through the vspher client. This server is now in production and appears to be working correctly.
vSphere 5.1 was released recently.
I tried setting up a new vCenter Server 5.1 on a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server with the Simple Install option. Installed smoothly without error. Now unable to connect to new vCenter server with the following error. It appears I am not the only one with the issue. http://communities.vmware.com/thread/420143
I will be sure to update this post with the solution. I am about try installing without the Simple Install option.